The last few weeks have been busy, there's no denying that. I'll give a quick run down of what I've been up to:
- The University work has ramped right up. The content seems so difficult and to be honest I'm struggling to keep up. I'm hoping this gets better with time.
- We've had the first Quidditch friendlies of the season, against Sheffield and Liverpool. They both were brilliant and have filled me with hope for the tournaments to come. Go Manticores!
- Training for student volunteering has begun which is eating a wonderful chunk out of my week. Got to say though, being a trainer is so much fun so I'm more than willing to sacrifice that time to do it.
- I ran a 10k by accident. I'd gone to do a 5k charity run, but the organisation of the event was so poor that at the end I found I'd ran a 10k route. Amazed that I managed it to be honest.
- I got a job as a rider for Deliveroo! My first shift didn't go great with endless technical issues, but I ended up cycling 35km none the less. Tiring but on the whole not bad as part time work goes. Hoping the next shift isn't as riddled with problems mind.
It feels like I haven't stopped since I last wrote over a month ago, but that came to an end with the death of my Uncle Melvin. It wasn't unexpected, but it's still upset me quite more than I thought it would. Taking the couple of days to go home for the funeral and grieve was welcome and needed. On top of that it's also been the first time I've stopped and looked at what's being going on in my life. I've realised that the "Week That Was" posts were good for reflecting on how things were going. Definitely need that back, but I also need a wider change to how much I'm doing. We'll have to see what I manage to come up with there.