I saw one of those good ol' question posts on Tumblr called "65 Questions You Aren't Used To". I'm not always a big fan of these kind of things, but this one seemed quite cool and I fancied writing something on this train journey, so here we go!
1. Ever doubt the existence of other people?
My existence is pretty much constantly flipping between this and a state of sonder, and I'm okay with that.
2. How afraid of the dark are you?
Depends almost entirely on whether I'm having a good day or not, but I used to be absolutely terrified.
3. Who's someone you'd never want to meet?
A time-travelling me from the future. I can't imagine it being especially good news.
4. What's your favorite word?
It changes on a frequent basis, but one I love and feel is consistently underutilised is overmorrow which means "the day after tomorrow"
5. If you were a type of tree, what would you be?
6. What was your first thought when you looked in the mirror this morning?
"When was the last time you shaved?"
7. What are you wearing?
I'm wearing my blue t-shirt from the 2016 British Quidditch Cup and a check shirt over the top. On my way to Sam's 18th birthday!
8. How do you label yourself?
Mathematician, Writer, Gamer & Computer Type. Not necessarily in that order.
9. Bright rooms or dark rooms?
Bright every time.
10. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Out with two veterans from a society I've just been elected onto the committee of, gleaming some advice for the coming year and generally having a great time. Plus cocktails!
11. Favorite age you’ve been so far?
Twenty: it's the age that brought me back to Manchester, discovering Quidditch, joining CAOS, and a return to great health.
12. Who told you they loved you last?
My dad, when I told him I'd be coming home for the weekend.
13. Who's your worst enemy?
A girl who was in my classes from Y7 to Y11. While a lot of people contributed, she played a big part in ensuring life was very uncomfortable during that time.
14. What is your current wallpaper?
15. Do you like someone?
I like alot of people.
16. The last song you listened to?
Man or Muppet. Haven't seen the movie but love the song.
17. You have a button which can make any one person explode. Who do you blow up?
Isn't this button just a UCAV?
18. Who would you like to punch in the face?
I probably wouldn't punch anyone in the face, but someone I find infuriating instead: I had an ICT teacher who managed to lose my (and several other students) entire coursework for the subject twice, and refused to admit any blame. He then came over on results day and said he was disappointed with my results.
19. If you could make one person to do something, who'd it be and what would they do?
I'd have Kim Jong-un install a free, open democracy in North Korea.
20. What is your best physical attribute?
I'm proud of the fact I've never had to have a filling.
21. If you were the opposite sex for a day, what would you do?
I'll take this opportunity to say how poorly the education system is for teaching people about sex and gender.
22. Do you have a secret talent? If yes, what is it?
For a while I could write and read Elian, though I'm a bit rusty these days.
23. What is one unique thing you’re afraid of?
I have a fear of chains, which is apparently called alysidophobia.
24. If you could only have one sandwich filling, what would it be?
As a child I lived this question. Every day for school backed lunch I'd have Marmite sandwiches. Now I'd probably go with the ham, bacon, and stuffing one Tesco do.
25. You just found £70! How are you going to spend it?
If I had to spend it, I'd probably be a bluetooth speaker system and bluetooth webcam. I'm in the process of switching as many of my computer components as possible to wireless and those are the next two on my list.
26. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
I'd love to visit Amsterdam.
27. What alcoholic beverage would you like a lifetime supply of?
I tried to find the most expensive alcohol which wasn't just expensive because of the bottle. It seems to be Dalmore 62 which goes for £125,000 per bottle. Apparently whisky is something people invest in now?
28. In founding a new society, what would be the first rule you put into place?
Education, healthcare, housing, public utilities, and legal aid must all be afforded freely to all citizens. No entity (governmental or private) may ever charge for these services.
29. What is your favourite expletive?
30. What single inanimate object would you save in a fire?
A cuddly toy dog called Rufus which I've had for most of my life.
31. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
If we're talking about erasing the memory of experience, then I'll say that from first hand experience memory loss isn't as pleasant as it might seem. If we're talking about erasing the experience itself then probably just all of Y7.
32. What other country would you like to live in?
I've heard good things about Canada and I've also got a bit of a thing for Scotland.
33. Given the option, who would you bring back from the dead?
If films, TV, and books have taught me anything this is a terrible idea.
34. What was your last dream about?
I had a wonderful nightmare about being chased through a collapsing building just last night!
35. Are you a good [insert anything you'd like here]?
Why yes, I am a good [insert anything you'd like here]!
36. Have you ever been admitted to the hospital?
I had a bad fall during freshers week of my second first year. Split my head open and had to spend the night in hospital.
37. Have you ever built a snowman?
Yeah, snowmen are great!
38. What is the color of your socks?
Blue with orange accent.
39. What type of music do you like?
40. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
Sunsets! So many pretty colours, and usually at a much more reasonable time.
41. What's your favorite milkshake flavor?
Not a big milkshake fan.
42. What football team do you support?
Sheffield United through inheritance.
43. Do you have any scars?
One big one from the aforementioned freshers fall.
44. What do you want to be when you graduate?
I'm not sure I understand the question?
45. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd love a better memory. Both academically and socially it would just make life so much easier.
46. Are you reliable?
I like to think so.
47. If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?
"Who fares best on the stock market between when I am and when you are?"
48. Do you hold grudges?
I try not to, but it often falls into forgiving but not forgetting.
49. If you combine any two animals together, what new animal would you create?
I'd be interested to see what a real life catdog would look like.
50. What is the most unusual conversation you’ve ever had?
I when I was about 15 had swine flu badly, and was laid in bed with a fever. I confided in my dad who was laid next to me that I thought I was going to die because of it and we had a conversation the possibility. Probably not unusual, but it's definitely one that sticks out in my mind.
51. Are you a good liar?
52. How long could you go without talking?
I know from experience I can go for weeks if not months.
53. What has been you worst haircut/style?
I once had a mullet. It was awful.
54. Have you ever baked your own cake?
No, but gonna have a crack at it next year.
55. Can you do any accents other than your own?
I'm terrible at identifying and replicating accents.
56. What do you like on your toast?
I'm one of those weird people that likes dry toast. It's something of a comfort food.
57. What is the last thing you drew a picture of?
A proposed room layout for if I was to swap bedrooms with my sister.
58. What would be you dream car?
59. Do you sing in the shower?
Yes! I was more cautious about doing it living in student halls this year but by this point I don't really care and just do it anyway.
60. Do you believe in aliens?
In the existence of extraterrestrial life? Definitely. In the existence of complex extraterrestrial life? Probably. In the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life? Possibly.
61. Do you often read your horoscope?
I used to read it weekly in the TV magazine my dad bought. It was mostly for fun, though I think a small part of me wanted to believe it.
62. What is your favourite letter of the alphabet?
The underused, underrated: the &
63. Which is cooler: dinosaurs or dragons?
Dragons are massively overrated in my opinion. They're cool and all, but dinosaurs are every bit as cool and real.
64. What do you think about babies?
65. Freebie! Ask anything interesting you can think of.
Do I get to answer too, or only ask it?
There we go, all answered. I can't imagine it all made an especially thrilling read but it certainly passed a train journey along. I edited a few of the questions to make them simpler or remove problematic wording so feel free to use this list yourself.